Celebrating a significant birthday or wedding anniversary is a great milestone and when members of our Church families reach these milestones, they deserve a great celebration and that’s what our Government thinks as well.
When someone reaches one of these milestones, organise a congratulatory message, that can be delivered directly to the recipient or to a care-of address, such as your Church and present this as part of a public celebration.
Depending on the occasion, you may need to provide evidence, such as:
- a copy of their birth certificate (for a birthday)
- a copy of their driver’s licence (for a birthday)
- a copy of their passport (for a birthday)
- a copy of their marriage certificate (for a wedding anniversary)
Head to the Department of the Premier and Cabinet in the State or Territory the recipient lives in, to apply. Each State/Territory organise these in different ways, so you may need to apply with one department or a few departments to gain all the congratulatory messages.
- SA – https://www.dpc.sa.gov.au/responsibilities/state-protocols-acknowledgements/wedding-anniversary-and-birthday-congratulatory-messages South Australian Governor https://www.governor.sa.gov.au/more-information2/congratulatory-messages
- VIC – https://www.vic.gov.au/request-anniversary-message-from-premier Victorian Governor https://www.governor.vic.gov.au/victorias-governor/congratulatory-letters-governor
- NSW – https://www.nsw.gov.au/congratulatory-messages
- TAS – https://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/People_Performance_and_Governance/Executive_Services/protocol_office/congratulatory_messages Tasmanian Governor https://www.govhouse.tas.gov.au/honours-and-messages/messages
- QLD – https://www.qld.gov.au/seniors/recreation-staying-connected/events-awards/congratulatory-letters
- WA – https://govhouse.wa.gov.au/congratulatory-messages
- NT – https://govhouse.nt.gov.au/congratulatory-messages
- ACT – https://www.cmtedd.act.gov.au/communication/chief-ministers-congratulatory-letters
Prime Minister, Governer General and Her Majesty The Queen Messages – https://www.pmc.gov.au/government/anniversary-messages
Governer General Message – https://www.gg.gov.au/about-governor-general/receiving-congratulatory-message-governor-general