Information on this page constantly changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE with covid-19 information.
The latest COVID-19 information can be found at:-
Safework Australia – https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/covid-19-information-workplaces
Australian Government Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/
World Health Organisation https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
State/Territory covid info
Victoria https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria and https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/religion-and-ceremony QR Sign Up – https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/register-to-use-vic-gov-qr-code-service Forms and Templates https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/signs-posters-and-templates
New South Wales https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Northern Territory https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
Western Australia https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus
South Australia https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/
The whole dynamics and culture of Church leadership may need to change in some denominations. Looking at big successful businesses, who create a healthy employee culture, they poor in to their managers by having a great coach, empower the leaders, express interest, listening, communicating, look after those who are leading etc. 2020 is a time in where the Church should be the leader in the world, showing in how we should be looking after our leaders and employees.
We are at a time in where denomination leaders in each state, need to be those who do not pastor a Church or assign pastors (who don’t have a Church to look after) to oversee the welfare of each Pastor and Church in their state. WHY? Because this season I am seeing mental health is a big issue that gets missed. Pastors are afraid to say anything to their leadership, they find that leadership is to busy for them, plus I could add many more reasons to this list that I have personally heard through this season. The denomination health and well-being of not only the Pastors, but the Churches is very important. By RELEASING and POSITIONING people who are available to truly oversee the Pastors, will create a positive culture shift and healthy employees.
They say love is spelt TIME….make time to cultivate the shepherds.
Denomination covid responses
Release the Gifted
- People with the serving gift may want to help deliver food, groceries and pharmacy items to those who are vulnerable or home bound.
- Leaders with specific skills can lead online prayer meetings, worship time, youth live meetings etc.
- Graphic designers, social media gifted people can take a load off you, by helping in this area.
- Teachers doing a video on how kids can learn at home.
- Doctor in the house? Interview the Dr online.
Get your team involved
- Phone calls.
- Video calls.
- Email communication.
- Also keep your members in the loop through various means of communication of changes that have happened and changes that will happen.
- Encourage home group leaders to make regular contact with the members in their home group.
- Encourage small group meetings via zoom or in homes – depending on restrictions.
- Create Facebook group communities for each department in the Church eg worship team, parents, youth group etc.
- Leaders can encourage Church members to call/message each other.
- Create Prayer Request procedure and prayer team.
- Appoint Church Communications Pastor or create Church online team with Church online procedures that can help engage with members and visitors. Include a Visitors Lounge Zoom or online room after each service.
to Add to church Websites
“Connect Here” section
- Social Media Links.
- Service Links.
- Group info.
- Prayer requests.
“Helping You Here” section
- List counselling services
- List Local medical centres
- Share Government website links
- Where to get food pantries and supplies.
- Church contact info etc
- Instructions to online services, online shop and how to use technology eg zoom
Join us Live
- Enter our pre-service meetings on zoom.
- Join us online.
- Can we pray for you now? – Prayer form
- Beginners guide to Livestreaming https://s3.amazonaws.com/kajabi-storefronts-production/sites/91023/themes/1682946/downloads/caXAmUWQIyDeZhPPg7l9_LiveStreaming_Guide.pdf
- Get your church live streaming for free! https://www.alexrobinsonds.com/livestream
- How to Livestream Your Church Service: A Practical Guide https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/livestream-church-service-practical-guide/Facebook
- Live streaming https://www.cbneurope.com/read/how-to-stream-your-church-service-on-facebook-live-the-ultimate-guide-in-2020/Church
- Online Chat ideas https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oH-i1satvjs-914dzmxxt4aHMMEuOL4QGSPSrdsDOv0/edit#heading=h.s2pxxy2gmmrc, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oH-i1satvjs-914dzmxxt4aHMMEuOL4QGSPSrdsDOv0/edit
- Church Online Prayer Script & Resources https://info.life.church/prayer-resources
- Church Online Chat Guidelines https://info.life.church/hubfs/church-online/CO%20-%20Life.Church%20Online%20Muting.pdf, https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_Ra0kCN1bs3_xY6gnFQCXpaSm_6wNTkt3kRwWZbsp0/edit
- Church Video Tips https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zMmmyMQYsNWyQM4N3ryvLleVp7G17aR4/view
- OBS is free to use https://obsproject.com/
- Church online platform is available for free from Life.Church. They will send you resources and guides to help get you going. Visit the Church Online Platform website.
- Launch You Online – Staff/Elders are able to engage with the church in comments
- Boxcast – have a Church streaming platform
- Castr streaming platform
- Switcher Studio – Switcher Studio lets you capture video from multiple camera angles — and edit it in real time — helping you connect with your community in the most engaging way yet. Stream it live or record it for later.
- Onestream.Live – Schedule & Live Stream Recorded Videos
Streaming Licence Information
Church can be streamed from using free tools to paid tools. Use whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever works for you.
CCLI (Church Copyright Licensing International) have a couple of licences that are needed to be purchased for streaming services from CCLI Australia.
If you are live streaming on your website, YouTube, Facebook etc, and are playing a cd or any form of digital commercial music, you will need an additional licence from https://onemusic.com.au/
Worship Online Service guide example can be found here https://www.kingschurchlkld.com/worship-guide-6-7-20
Explaining Church at home example
Church online resources
- Hillsong Acoustic Worship Videos – Hillsong has given churches permission to use this footage as part of their church’s live stream broadcast, but these songs may not be posted on personal social media accounts or digital platforms. Access them here.
Small print is available here.
- Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes have put together some worship sets for Churches to use. Download them from here.
- Brooke Nicholls worship sets https://www.brookenicholls.ca/worshiponline
- Graham Kendrick has songs available to use https://www.grahamkendrick.co.uk/resources-for-lockdown/graham-kendrick-albums/resources-for-lockdown
- Worship lyric videos have some free videos available here.
- Sovereign Grace Music https://sovereigngracemusic.org/2020/03/live-stream-update/
- Unsplash have a collection of images related to covid-19 here.
- Updates and Cancellation slides are available here.
- Online service media package can be downloaded here.
- Livestream countdowns and welcome videos for your online streaming can be found here.
- Covid-19 icons can be downloaded from this website.
- Create interactive service plans online by using this Church planner.
- Zoom backgrounds are fun to play with. Find various fun, free ones in Canva here. (Canva is free to Non-Profits).
- Covid Images can be used from here.
Public domain songs
- Song list of public domain songs that can be used without a licence, can be found here.
Create online community
- Information to help do Alpha online, can be found directly on the Alpha website https://www.alpha.org/alpha-online/
Doing Alpha through zoom? Find instructions here.
- Use the Bible app and create a reading plan for your Church. See all the plans available to choose from here:- https://www.bible.com/en-GB/reading-plans
- Use a prayer tool to help connect people with your prayer team. Here is a free app to use. http://praynow4.org/groups
- You can now embed Crowd purr into livestreams. Create your own quizzes etc. Your audience uses their mobiles to answer the questions. Set them up in teams and more! https://www.crowdpurr.com/live-crowd-trivia.html
Church Family online connections
- Story-time for kids. Do you have any adults who love to read? You could do this as Facebook live on your Facebook page or through zoom or just recording a video and uploading it to your private group.
- Create your own quizzes etc. Your audience uses their mobiles to answer the questions. Set them up in teams and more! https://www.crowdpurr.com/live-crowd-trivia.html
- Australian Christian company has a payment platform ready for you. Redde is used in Churches around Australia, making contact-less payments much easier. www.redde.com.au
- Download, print and have people drop these down their street, to help their neighbours who maybe isolating. PDF file can be found here.
For the Kids
- A complete online program for running online kids programs is available from Life.Church. Sign up for free and download each week for your kids. Follow this link here.
- Lessons for kids,with downloadable sheets can be found here.
- The Bibleapp For Kids is fantastic. Find out more here.
- Quizworx have resources available here.
coming back to church
A great resource to re-opening Church:- The Senior Pastors guide to Re-opening Church, can be downloaded here.
- Sanitising stations located in various locations. (list of where to purchase is available in our Facebook group).
- Liquid soap and disposable towels in bathrooms.
- Doors open, so no one needs to touch handles- Clean building from top to bottom
- Communion in sealed cups
- Temperature checks if need??
- Attendance sheet – so if outbreak occurs people can be notified (not everyone has the app)
- Parents of kids to be advised to keep kids home if they have even a sniffle.
- People advised to stay home if they have a sniffle.
- Giving through apps or direct bank deposit online only (no money or offering bucket touching).
- No physical greetings.
- Provide packets of tissues.
- Provide antibacterial disposable wipes for members who may feel more comfortable wiping down furniture themselves.
- Posters displaying this place is santised, stay home if ill and wash hands. Download posters from the Governments health website.
- Chairs spaced apart, except for family groups.
- Prior service and after service socialisation can happen outdoors if need.
- No drinks and food to share.
- Avoid paper bulletins, sermon notes and kids activity sheets.
- Continually cleaning. Some denominations have created procedure documents for cleaning and disinfecting during covid-19.
- Ushers will seat people, starting from front of the room to the back.
- Open windows to allow airflow.
- Seperate sevices – family service, over 50’s service and have a check-in service like https://reopen.church/ to keep numbers under control.
- Cancel meet and greets.
- Don’t share microphones without wiping in between.
- Fantastic resource https://cfresourcelibrary.s3.amazonaws.com/eBooks/Reopening/The+Senior+Pastor’s+Guide+to+Reopening.pdf?inf_contact_key=f465a2cde78bd3522638bcad52eeca6709c74070ac2bf3cfa7869e3cfd4ff832
- COVID-19 posters are available from websites below.
Guideline printout can be downloaded here in PDF.
Join our Facebook group and click on the FILE tab to access various templates to help navigate through COVID-19.